Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: How much has Fecility changed?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Katja95's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 30th, 2003
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,

    Having just bought Kirsten, now I am thinking of buying Felicity before she disappears (such a shame!). Since it is mainly for my almost 8-yr old daughter to play with, I am wondering if I should buy a new one from AG or a used one from eBay. Anybody knows how much she changed over the years (facial only).
    I saw this ebay add. It does not look like most Felicity I saw before:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=15989&rd=1
    Any advices are appreciated.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member mom_to_an_americangirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2003
    Posts
    248
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have two older Felicity's and the most obvious change is the hair color. Mine have redder hair than the newer ones. I also think the complexion is a bit different. I have had both good and bad luck on eBay buying dolls. Mostly good, but the bad ones are really bad- one doll was described as having a lazy slow eye when in all actuallity it was almost pushed into the socket. That would have freaked my daughter out!!!!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member NurseSarahRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2003
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have two older Felicity's, and they look very different. One has darker makeup and very red hair. The other, from 1986, has light auburn (brownish) hair and practically no make-up. I guess it just depends on personal preference. I like the one with the redder hair!

    <font color="#020176" size="1">[ September 15, 2003 05:18 PM: Message edited by: NurseSarahRN ]</font>

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Kit_Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    313
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I thought Felicity came out in 1991?
    Tracy

  5. #5
    Inactive Member NurseSarahRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2003
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Kit_Girl:
    I thought Felicity came out in 1991?
    Tracy
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">She did, but apparently they began production of her in 1986. My Felicity doll has a 1986 "Made in Germany" Pleasant Company tag. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was just wondering...what do y'all (I'm not even Southern!) mean by saying Felicity has auburn hair? I have the older Felicity that has orange-y hair, so I'm not able to compare.

    As someone with auburn hair, I'm not sure people are using the term correctly. Auburn means brown hair that just has a reddish or blondish sheen to it (for example, it looks reddish or blondish when a light is on it). My hair is just a little lighter than brunette hair with red highlights in the sun. People used to fight over whether I had brown or red hair--that's when I finally realized it was a different color altogether (auburn). So does Felicity have brown hair now? If so, they have gotten so far away from her original book illustrations! [img]frown.gif[/img]

    NurseSarahRN, that could be a copyright or trademark for her face mold...maybe? Since she has the same face mold as Kirsten, Samantha, and Molly they wouldn't have to to renew the license.

    <font color="#020176" size="1">[ September 15, 2003 05:23 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member NurseSarahRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2003
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I meant brownish red by "auburn"...She is a 1986 doll, which I heard are supposed to have very red hair. Compared to my other Lissie, it looks almost brown.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Janabanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2002
    Posts
    107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We have two Felicity dolls here. I have an older one and my daughter has a new one. The older one has drabber, less red in her hair. I also just recognized that she has almost no lip color. I think I'm going to paint lips and frckles on her. She isn't one of the early originals with the Ivory colored fabric torso, hers is the same color as her skin. I bought her second hand on Ebay and I was wondering if I washed her hair if it brighten some. Has anybody washed their dolls hair? Jan

  9. #9
    Inactive Member NurseSarahRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2003
    Posts
    38
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by janabanana:
    I think I'm going to paint lips and frckles on her.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Is it hard to paint lip color on a doll? I was thinking of doing the same thing after comparing my old and new Felicity dolls. The makeup on the newer one really brightens up her face. Maybe I should just send her in for a head transplant.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member mom_to_an_americangirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2003
    Posts
    248
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't think Lissie ever had a "white" muslin body. I think those were limited to the first three girls. Lissie was designed and prototyped in '86 but released in ' 91. Both of mine are 1986 girls and they have red hair and light makeup.

    As far as painting the face. I used Dr. Martin's watercolors which are liquid on a 000 watercolor brush to tint the lips on an AGoT I rescued. I have also airbrushed cheek color on a doll. I thought it was a bit tough, and I am a designer, to get it right, but I worked really slow.

    I have washed my girl's hair. I use a mild organic baby shampoo and no more tangles for comb outs. I am going to try to post some photos of my girls in the next couple of weeks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •